The Latest Buzz on Alcohol Commercials!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Smooth Beer for Not-SoSmooth People

As a guy who's had this happen to him before, I feel for the dude in the Keystone commercial. While I was only talking to a friend and not an attractive female, I still felt pretty stupid. The guy in this commercial ends up looking pretty stupid himself and in the end, the girl ends up looking stuck up. While this commercial stays pretty controversy-free, it does somewhat play with gender roles.

If you happened to be a male and a Keystone drinker, how do you identify with our poor, "unsmooth" friend? He's a pretty normal, average looking guy. Consider this question: do you feel that Keystone is stereotyping its own target market by playing off the dumb-guy stereotype?

Regardless of what they are doing, I know that this has happend to me, that I have had many "unsmooth" moments, and that I myself am coincidentally a Keystone drinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment